As the holiday season approaches, we are expecting a lot more packages to arrive daily in our office than usual, especially with Cyber Monday just around the corner! Along with the huge influx of phone calls that we receive to check on package delivery status, it has been a monumental task to keep up with.
Because we would like to continue offering the package receiving service for all our residents, we need your cooperation for package pickup to go smoothly this holiday season. Please review the following changes in Santa Fe Ranch Apartment's Package Pickup Policies.
Package Pickup Policies Changes
- Packages that have not been picked up within 5 days of delivery will be returned to sender.
- We will not accept any packages that we cannot physically lift.
- Packages will not released until recipient has signed out the package in our package log.
- The Package Carrier is responsible for notifying the recipient that the package has been delivered to the office. We will not be notifying residents that we have received the package.
- We will not hand deliver any packages to an apartment or leave them outside to pick up.
- We will not be held responsible for any lost, broken or missing packages.
Please Remember: In order to accept ANY packages in the office, a staff member has to sign their personal name for the carrier to leave them. If you do not wish to have your packages delivered to the office, special delivery instructions can be provided to the online merchant or package delivery company. See CHANGE PACKAGE DELIVERY OPTIONS (below) for more information.
Extended Package Pick Up Days
For residents who are unable to retrieve their packages before 6 PM on weekdays, we have extended our office hours on select nights for your convenience. The office will be open until 7 PM for package pickups on:
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015
- Wednesday, December 9, 2015
- Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Please Note: Our office is also open on Saturdays from 10 AM – 5 PM for weekend pickups!
Important Shipping Dates
Need a package or card to be delivered in time for Christmas? Although many services may have different deadlines for packages and mail, if sent through USPS, make sure you have your packages out by these dates for the expected delivery by December 24!
- Standard Post Service: December 15
- First-Class Mail Service: December 19
- Priority Mail Service: December 21
- Priority Mail Express Service: December 23
Checking your Package Tracking Number
Most (if not all) package carriers now provide recipients with package delivery notifications via email or text message! If you are awaiting a package, you can check your status online! Find your package tracking number and search for it on the courier's website:
Online retailers, like Amazon.com, also has package tracking built within their website and provides shipment updates through their app, by email or text message!
Change Package Delivery Options
If you are unable to make it to the office in time to pick up your package, you can request changes to your package delivery. If you have a tracking number for your package, many package carriers allow you to change the time/location/special delivery options prior to delivery. You may be able to:
- Change the time the package is to arrive
- Request to pick up your package at the carrier's authorized store or post office
- Request that packages are left on your doorstep at a specific time